This website is being replaced as from January 2021
The new website is available to view now at
Nov 28th 2020.
Good news. We can return to the piste on December 3rd at 1.45 pm.
- Please use sanitiser, 18 persons (3 groups of 6 on 3 pistes 2,4 & 6).
- No handling other people’s Boule balls or Cosh’s.
- Try and keep 2 mtr away from others.
- No sharing of food or drink
- Make the most of it and enjoy
Nov 5th 2020
We are sorry to have to shut down playing Petanque at The Cricklade Leisure Centre until at least December 4th 2020.We will let you all know as soon as we can about playing again.June 1st 2020
Now that the coronavirus rules are being relaxed slowly, the committee has decided to reintroduce playing sessions on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays at the Leisure Centre from 1st June, bearing in mind the following guidelines (which are in line with Petanque England recommendations):
- It is the individual's choice to decide whether to play or not
- People with pre-existing health conditions should stay away
- Wash hands (or use hand gel provided by the club) before and after playing
- No exchange of food or drink
- We should limit the play to 2/3 sessions allowing up to 18 players per session in 3 separate groups.
- On Saturdays the first session starts at 10.00 am.
- Use pistes 2, 4 and 6 only to help maintain the 1/2 metre rule
- Play can be singles, doubles or triples observing the 1/2 metre rule
- Use your own boules and jack
- No rings or scoreboards (apart from personal ones)
- Don't congregate afterwards
- Toilet facilities available in the AGM building from 8th August.Latest Government guidelines have been included in the Risk Assessment document reviewed in September 2020